Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I had a plan... I promise!








I swear I had a plan...

I was gonna get up one morning, pour some coffee, listen to the birds, and write my 1rst Blog. Bwahahahahahahahahahaha! I had visions of sitting quietly, perhaps after Noah (my 9 yr old) had gone to school. Going over some sketches and expounding on where it is I find my inspiration. Maybe Id chat with y'all about how I got here and what you can expect from this blog. Maybe I'd explain how important my son is to my work, or maybe Id answer those nagging questions like "Do I have a girlfriend" (yes, btw) ... Whatevah man! If you know me, or my lifestyle, you know its not gonna go down like that!!!!

Its 4am-ish here in Burque. Theres a few earlymorning birds chirping, but I can barely hear them over the hum of the dryer drying my clothes. My flight to Milwaukee leaves in 9 hrs, and Im ready for another Bead & Button show. Its 5 days of hot glass, incredible knowledge and a chance to meet the "Who's who" of the bead world

...Hold on, I gotta change the music: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lTB1pIg1y0
Drake: Over

...I've been doing this show for 6 years now, and I have the pleasure of working with Kevin O'Grady. If you dont know, get your game up and goggle him. We've worked together at this show for quite awhile and perhaps this year we settle the ultimate question: Which one of us is the funny one? And in between, maybe we'll sell some glass.



This Blog experiment should be interesting... I have a lot of interesting things about to pop up for the summer. New Website (Thanx Marsha), New Business Card, The homies at Trillian Space here in Burque are pressing my new Jones Art Glass t-Shirts as I type this, and soso many demos and in stores that It'll darn/damn (I dont know if I wanna curse in my Blogs...yet) near seem like Im in 3 places at once. PLUS now I'll have a way to keep my corporate partners in the loop for our Wonders of Glass project coming up this fall.

So in short, ride with me... We'll travel, we'll sell glass, we'll interview some like minded, and not at all like minded people, and in general I'll do my best to keep you connected to pulse of our glass nation. I've earned the title of "Honorary Bead Lady" but dont let the bead release fool you. Im a certified BoroBoy, and I spend a lot of time in my industry bridging those gaps. I'll try to use my "influence" to get you folks behind the scenes of some the industries biggest shows, parties, and into the minds of those that help shape the scene .

Next episode: How I became a BeadLady, and some Bead & Button behind the scenes... I'll check with you folks tomorrow after the preview night!

Jones. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo





3 comments:

  1. Barb Cohan-SaavedraJune 9, 2010 at 5:05 PM

    Good start. Now where do I get one of those t-shirts??? How about you bring me one when you come to the restaurant when you're in Philly in August? Deal? Big hugs to you, my friend. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, nice post. Well what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic. Thanks for sharing your ideas, its not just entertaining but also gives your reader knowledge. Good blogs style too, Cheers!
    Art Glass Boston

    ReplyDelete